Our Guest Room carpet was thrashed:
stains from hair dye,
worn parts in high traffic areas,
and some mysterious melted spots...
I know it doesn't look that bad in the picture,
but I was not a happy camper.
I have envisioned something like this for a while now.
I think it's beautiful, and I wanted to recreate it.
So, while Eric was on a business trip,
I ripped up the carpet, pulled out the tack strips,
scrubbed glue, and patched many holes and seams.
I was afraid I was in over my head when after 2 days of hard work
it still looked this bad:
But, I carried on.
I tried to purchase the stencils in the picture above,
except they were no where to be found ...
so, I made my own.
I painted the base coat, stenciled the designs,
applied the poly floor finish, and
I'm in love.
There are a ton of imperfections
due to the crappy sub-floor and homemade stencils,
so instead of hiding the mistakes, I highlighted them.
It's better than I even imagined.