Thursday, April 11, 2013

grandma francisco.

Barbara Francisco, my maternal grandmother,
was the ultimate repurposer.

She used to say,
"Use it up. Wear it out. Make it do. Or do without."

If the internet was around in her day,
her DIY blog would have been super.

These are the spools of thread
she used for punch embroidery.

In the box, I found a handwriten list of country songs.
She and my grandpa Jack were line dance instructors,
and this may have been a playlist for one of their classes.

I'm glad to have some of my grandparent's
values and personality traits displayed in our home.


1 comment:

  1. My mom is smiling a big smile and telling all her spirit friends about how clever you are, and how pleased she is that you remember her and Dad with significance.

    Me....I'm crying as I remember. She made about 2 dozen pieces of that hook art for Christmas. A real labor of love!

    ReplyDelete