Friday, August 9, 2013

painted panels.

Our workout room didn't have much to say for itself:
Boring.

Pretty disorganized.

 Zero character.

Since I choose to keep the walls white,
I thought dark curtains might be nice.

I couldn't find a graphic fabric I loved,
so I just bought a bunch of this teal
and made 4 panels out of it.


I purchased a stencil several months ago on a whim,
and thought it would be interesting to try it out on this project.
So, I painted the panels!

With a little rearranging, a yard sale end table, and some curtain lovin'
 this room is much more put together.




I am a fan of paisley.






6 comments:

  1. "Oh, yeah! I just stenseled the fabric, cause everyone can do THAT." No. Not everyone can do that. I can't belive how seemless the pattern looks from your stensel. Putting the futon in couch form makes the room much more functional for daily use, while still available for guests. It all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the room now:) And to your stenciling comment, I actually disagree - anyone really can do this. It's not hard at all; the stencil makes it fool proof. There are high quality stencil manufacturers that create beautiful designs. All I did was roll, baby, roll!

      Delete
  2. I love them!!! I love love love the paisley print! Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can borrow the stencil any time:)

      Delete
  3. Way to go with those curtains! I want to know what kind of paint you used. Do you know Jeremy hates paisley, and mainly because your dad always wore paisley ties? Alas, I'll never be able to use paisley in our home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That is hilarious because I'm sure my affinity for paisley stems from my dad's ties! I just used Behr latex paint from Home Depot. I have no idea how it will do if I ever put the curtains in the wash ... but that was the risk I decided to take. I know there are special fabric paints from Michaels that will wash with ease, but I had this paint on hand and sometimes I choose cheap & easy over wise. I can't wait to see your Chevron wall hangings - send pictures!!!

      Delete