Monday, May 19, 2014

primrose.

Every spring, we enjoy a mini field of
pretty Mexican Primrose in our front yard.

I love them, except they are incredibly invasive.
This year, they spread 5 feet farther than I would prefer.
Also, after 2 months of blossoms, they turn into woody brown sticks.
Not so pretty for the remaining 10 months of the year.
I mowed the tops of them off last week and was left with this:

I have also fought with the weeds
in the back portion of the side yard for too long.
Something had to be done.
I weeded like a mad woman in the back,
and made a distinct separation of where I wanted
the Primrose to be contained in the front.


In an attempt to keep the weeds at bay and control the Primrose growth, 
I secured WeedBlock cloth.


Then came the fun part of hauling and spreading 19 heavy bags of wood chips.
I'm still sore.

I choose the two-tone look for a little bit of variety 
and to clearly mark where the Primrose should and shouldn't grow.
The little accordion wood fence was $2.50 from Home Dept.  
We'll see how long it lasts, but it's cute for now.

This is my first time using WeedBlock or wood chips.
Hope the combo does what it promises for discouraging weeds.




At least we'll have some curb appeal for a few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment